Laundry -Line Drying

LAUNDRY! That is what is on my mind today.


As I sit and enjoy my coffee this morning I'm remembering my old Farm which I shared with my landlord, she was 97 at the time. It was my first summer hanging clothes on the line. I was young I enjoyed the thought of saving myself money and the smell of line dried clothes. 
My old landlord did not approve of the way I hung my laundry on the line.
 She got in her Hoveround drove down to my laundry line removed all of it and threw it all on my front porch.
She told me there was rules to hang up laundry on the line and I was not following them. 

And called me a city girl. I was mildly insulted.

Here are the Rules that she stated that I must follow:


Drying clothes and household linens on a clothesline is energy efficient, helps items last longer because it is more gentle on fabrics than a clothes dryer


1.You're supposed to hang your shirts inside out if there printing so the sun does not fade them.
2. You hang pants by the waist ( however my grandmother always hung on by the cuff so there would be a crease less ironing)
3. You match and hang your socks together
4. To save on clothespins, every garment should share one
5. Never hang your Rags outside no one should see how dirty your house was
6. Fold your towels as you take them off the line
7. Undergarments should always be hung up inside. Those should not be seen by anybody driving by
8. You hang shirts upside down by the waist so
do not get stretched out by the wind
9. Your clothes on the line should look Tidy. Do not mix match jeans towels shirts-keep things orderly everything together. 
10. Take them off the line as soon as they're dry, lazy women leave laundry on the line all day







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iowa Ham Balls

Do you keep eggs in the refrigerator?